Our client is a Melbourne based, global designer and manufacturer of cable and antenna systems represented across multiple continents. They have an immediate requirement for an experienced Broadcast System Design Engineer.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the primary responsibility is to the electrical discipline and will involve a variety of computer simulation as well as analytical and measurement techniques. Communication and liaison with the Mechanical and Structural Designers will also be a strong focus to ensure all requirements are totally satisfied.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Designing new and developing existing products in accordance with the relevant codes and standards
- Providing support to enable efficient manufacture of new and existing products
- Offering sales and marketing support in relation to pre and post sales
- Performing installation/commissioning off site in various locations
- Carrying out test range measurements of antenna systems
- Preparing and maintaining adequate records of tasks performed and data received
- Writing up project plans and provide reports to management
- Participating in design reviews
Only candidates who meet the strict criteria will be considered for this position so please only apply if you have broadcast manufacturing industry experience.
- The individual will be a degree qualified Engineer and MUST have broadcast industry experience
- You will have a proven ability to design components which are comprised in broadcast systems
- You will have previously worked on projects relating to antennas, power dividers, cable systems, connectors, filters and/or rigid line components
- It is imperative that applicants are strong communicators
- Experience of using an MRP system such as SAP
- Previous exposure to modelling tools such as CST, HFSS and Microwave office
To apply please use the appropriate link or call Jenny Hanson on 3 9094 0999 to discuss further.