Design & Build are currently seeking a suitably qualified OHS Coordinator who is currently considering a temporary opportunity in local government. Located in the heart of Melbourne, within easy reach from all major transport links both road and rail, this contract is for an immediate start and has the opportunity of going permanent.
As the council's OHS Coordinator you will be expected to develop, implement and maintain the Occupational Health & Safety Management System as well as provide advice and support to the organisation on OHS, including policy development and deployment.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• Coordinate internal and external auditing requirements, including the development of audit schedules and tools for auditors, and scheduling the audits with work areas
• Undertake risk assessments and develop appropriate risk assessment tools, in conjunction with the Risk Management team as appropriate
• Play a key role in supporting Council's workplace consultation process and safety representatives in ensuring workplaces remain safe
• Develop, deliver and implement a range of OH&S policies and procedures to reflect legislative and Australian Standards, and within councils guidelines
• Provide coaching, advice, support and education to staff and contract managers including:
o advice on OH&S, policy and procedures and injury prevention
o articulation of responsibilities under the Victorian OHS Act
o coordinating ergonomic and manual handling assessments and advice
• Oversee the management and deployment of BECO (Building Emergency Control Organisation)
• Competitive hourly rate
• Immediate contract role with the opportunity of securing permanent employment
For a full job description / profile please contact Matt Larner today.
For a confidential discussion regarding this and other opportunities within Metropolitan and Regional Victoria, please contact the Local Government Team at Design & Build on (03) 9094 0999.
Alternatively, please e-mail your current resume in word format to email@example.com