Design & Build are currently inviting applications from suitably qualified Cadet Building Surveyors who are seeking a temporary opportunity located in Melbourne. This organisation, located within easy reach from the attractions of Melbourne has an opening for a Cadet Building Surveyor to gain some hands on experience providing a supportive arm to the Building Services Team.
Reporting directly to the Senior Building Surveyor you will be tasked with providing a range of support services to the existing Building Surveying Team as well as liaising with a range of external stakeholders on a daily basis.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• Liaising with stakeholders in person and over the telephone, providing current advise on building applications
• Processing and recording of building permits
• Managing, maintaining and accurately reviewing the essential safety measures inspection report
• Preparing statistical reports for submission to both internal and external organisations
• Database and complaint management
• Ideally, currently or completed studies in Building Surveying
• Exposure to working within a Building Control Team, ideally within Local Government or Private Practice
• Preferably the ability to use computer programs such as; Word and Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent hourly rate, reflective of experience
• Friendly and supportive team
• Perfect chance to gain some industry experience
An essential element of this role will be to develop and manage robust internal systems that provide accurate and current information to both internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis. The ability to work autonomously and deliver results within a demanding environment will see you flourish within an industry respected team of professionals.
For a full job description / role profile, please contact the Building Surveying Team.
For a confidential discussion regarding this and other opportunities within Metropolitan and Regional Victoria, please contact Matt Larner at Design & Build on (03) 9094 0999.
Alternatively, please e-mail your current resume in word format to email@example.com