Design and Build are currently sourcing a number of experienced mining engineers for EPCM's and Mining Consultants across Queensland and New South Wales.
To supplement our head hunting activities we are interested in hearing from engineers with proven experience in the industry who are looking for their next move. Opportunities are out there for all different levels of candidates.
The roles and responsibilities of the Mining Engineer can include:
To be considered for the role of Mining Engineer you will require:
- Conduct investigations of mineral deposits and undertake evaluations in collaboration with geologists, other earth scientists and economists to determine whether the mineral deposits can be mined profitably;
- Prepare plans for mines, including tunnels and shafts for underground operations, and pits and haulage roads for open-cut operations, using computer-aided design packages;
- Prepare the layout of the mine development and the way the
minerals are to be mined;
- Plan and coordinate the employment of mining staff and
equipment with regard to efficiency, safety and environmental
- Consult with geologists and other engineers about the design,
selection and provision of machines, facilities and systems for
mining, as well as infrastructure such as access roads, water
and power supplies;
- Oversee the construction of the mine and the installation of plant
Design & Build specialises in recruitment for the Mining, Construction & Engineering industries on a regional and national basis. Design & Build prides itself on only hiring recruitment specialists, finding the right people for the right jobs and doing the right thing by both jobseekers and employers alike.
- Degree in Mining Engineering;
- 3 years plus experience in the mining industry, including technical or operational roles;
- Experience in large scale mining operations, with exposure to some or all of the following areas; mine planning, optimisation, design, scheduling, feasibility studies, due diligence and project management;
- Sound analytical and numerical skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with a broad spectrum of people;
- A high level of computer literacy with a working knowledge of databases and scheduling processes.
If you feel your experience matches the person specification please contact Andrew McGregor on 02 9376 8200 or click apply. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted and your application will be treated as strictly confidential.