Automation / Electrical Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Automation / Electrical Project Engineer|
|Job Published:||November 26, 2019|
Our client, a leading Steel manufacturing company are looking to recruit a Senior Automation Engineer to their growing site team south of Melbourne, to work on a variety of exciting upgrade projects.
The client is looking for:
• At least 5 years' experience in Controls/Automation engineering, preferably within the heavy engineering industries. (Steel, Oil & Gas, Water, Mining etc.)
• A good working knowledge of PLC programming is essential.
• Working knowledge and understanding of Australian building codes and standards
• A relevant tertiary qualification in Electrical/Controls engineering.
You will be responsible for;
• Monitoring and managing system hardware performance
• Ensuring system software management and backups
• Providing technical support to reliability investigations
• Providing technical support to Work co-ordinators in procedure development and job planning
• Providing technical support to Maintenance Strategists in strategy development
• Liaising with process analysts and other manufacturing resources using appropriate measures of process and equipment performance to identify priority work
• Assisting with monitoring and managing key product and process variables (reviews process through level 2/3 logging systems performance)
• Providing technical up skilling to others as required.
• Ensuring that all design proposals are taken through appropriate processes (eg. Design review, hazop, etc) to ensure safe and successful outcomes.
• Planning and executing small step improvement projects from inception to operations
• Leading improvements resulting from failure investigations and approved quality improvements.
• Assisting with engineering specification of system upgrade / change requirements (including ongoing audits)
• Specifying and auditing significant improvement projects in the manufacturing area.
Design & Build specialises in recruitment for the Construction, Engineering & Property industries on a national basis. Design & Build prides itself on only hiring recruitment specialists, finding the right people for the right jobs and doing the right thing by both job seekers and employers alike.
If you want to apply, please contact Cameron on 0385353100 / 0406 422 318 or email email@example.com for more details.