Bridge-Structures Proof Engineer
|Job Title:||Bridge-Structures Proof Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Teddy Murphy|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2020 09:47|
We are partnered with a Privately Owned Engineering Consultancy who are looking to target a VicRoads accredited Proof Engineer with a background from a larger engineering consultancy keen to get away from the 'office politics' or bureaucracy that comes hand in hand with working for a tier 1.
This role will ideally suit an ambitious, independent Senior/Principal Bridge Engineer with 15 years' experience on bridges across Australia.
- Providing expertise in complex structural analysis and design - covering structural steel and reinforced concrete.
- Engaging with project directors, project managers and key stakeholders on technical matters.
- Attending client meetings with your colleagues, asking and responding to key questions, working through options to solve their project challenges.
- Guiding and supporting younger engineers in the project team.
- Managing Proof Engineering tasks and client liaisons
- VicRoads Accredited Proof Engineer (mandatory),CPEng, NPER
- MTM and ARTC Independent reviewer accreditation will be added advantage;
- Significant experience in bridge/structural engineering infrastructure fields.
- Demonstrable project experience on pedestrian, road and rail bridge engineering projects in line with Australian and International standards.
- A technical problem-solving mindset - an interest in the detail.
- Strong verbal communication skills that align with the role of a technical mentor/discipline guru.
- Strong technical writing/communication skills.
- An appreciation of the commercial pressures that must be balanced with maintaining exceptional technical standards.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's