Civil Design Manager
|Job Title:||Civil Design Manager|
|Contact Name:||Chris McCutcheon|
|Job Published:||August 18, 2021|
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review the tender and detailed designs to ensure compliance with relevant design standards, Project Specification and Technical Requirements.
- Lead design teams in the successful delivery of the design process through proactive interaction with the Client, design consultants, Independent Project Verifier, construction delivery team and stakeholders. Where required this shall also include construction phase services and temporary works design.
- Manage the Value Engineering, Safety in Design and interdisciplinary coordination processes.
- Provide feedback to Estimators, Construction Planners and broader Project teams.
- Review and monitor the tender design and construction programs against milestones to ensure that the design program is robust and meets the contractual requirements of the project.
- Negotiate and finalise Tender and Design Services Agreements in conjunction with the Project Director/Manager and/or the Commercial Manager.
- Supervise, train and motivate Design Project personnel to achieve Project KPIs and desired outcomes including support and development of the wider project team.
- Prepare a list of engineering deliverables and time-based functions to facilitate the planning and control of the engineering budget.
- Track, coordinate and assist with the review and closure of project RFIs and NCRs.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- A leadership style that has created successful and efficient Design teams for infrastructure (Road/Rail/Bridge design) projects.
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent ability to understand and interpret project and client specific requirements.
- Be confident to challenge processes and create an environment where innovation and continuous improvement is embraced during the delivery of the design.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple workloads with the flexibility and ease to adapt to situations.
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and a basic knowledge of Navisworks and/or 12D.
For any questions relating to this role or other opportunities with D&B and our clients please contact email@example.com on + 61 412 747 198 or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.
Follow us on
Job has Expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
$180K - $250K
Negotiable depending on experience
Site Manager - Multires Projects
$100k - $120k+super/car/phone
Project Manager - Maitland
$70k - $100k + super (negotiable depending on exp)
Estimator - Tier 1 Civil Contractor
Project Manager - Architecturally Designed homes
Senior Estimator - Developer, designer, builder
$200,000+ and share options