|Job Title:||Civil Designer|
|Contact Name:||Teddy Murphy|
|Job Published:||January 19, 2020|
Due to continued growth, a leading engineering consultancy is seeking to add experienced Civil Designers to the transportation team in Melbourne to work on major infrastructure projects.
You will have the opportunity to work for an award-winning company that offers flexible work arrangements, attractive salaries, global growth opportunities and both formal and informal career development training.
Duties will include:
- Providing quality designs for transportation projects across VIC;
- Assisting the Project Manager in determining the design resources required for a particular project plan including elements suitable for outsourcing;
- Ensuring the production of project documents are accurate, clear and concise and compliant with best practice and any other quality standards dictated by the nature of the project;
- Resolving complex technical design issues; and
- Ensuring that the designing component of the project comes in within agreed budgets and delivery dates.
- At least 5 years’ design experience in major and minor infrastructure projects within Australia and predominantly in roads, highways or rail;
- 3+ years’ demonstrated InRoads experience and any OpenRoads experience would be an advantage;
- VicRoads and/or PTV experience would be an advantage;
- Solid understanding of Austroads and VicRoads standards, in addition at least 5 years MicroStation experience; and
- Technically minded, possess a strong work ethic and good time management.