Civil Structural Engineer
|Job Title:||Civil Structural Engineer|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2020 10:32|
We are seeking a Civil Structural Engineer to join the Melbourne infrastructure group. Working in an experienced engineering and technical team you will contribute to creative problem solving and complex structural analysis and design of new bridges, bridge rehabilitations and evaluations, culverts and retaining walls. You are familiar with relevant local construction methodologies & technologies. Of most importance you are able to practice independently on a variety of activities including;
- Provide bridge / structural designs and technical reviews to ensure the cost of the works meets project requirements
- Plan and control the delivery of project design to ensure the achievement of quality, completion, and project objectives
- Supervise junior engineers and drafting staff
- Preparation and review of contract and tender specifications
- Attend site and complete inspections when required
- Ensure that work is within scope and complies with appropriate standards and guidelines
- Liaise with stakeholders from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds to ensure successful delivery
The successful candidates will have:
- A minimum of seven years’ local experience in a similar role engineering role working on civil infrastructure projects
- Relevant Australian recognised and accredited engineering qualification
- Demonstrated stakeholder management experience with a variety of levels and backgrounds e.g. government, contractors etc
- Relevant structural software experience, preferably Strand 7, Autodesk Structural Bridge Design and Space GASS
- Preferable you will be a registered Member of Engineers Australia (MIEAust) or a Chartered Engineer (CPEng)
Design & Build specializes in recruitment for the Construction, Engineering & Property industries on a national basis. Design & Build prides itself on only hiring recruitment specialists, finding the right people for the right jobs, and doing the right thing by both job seekers and employers alike.
For any questions relating to this role please contact Kelly Power on 03 8535 3100 / 0412 747 198 / email@example.com or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's