Coordinator - Statutory Planning
|Job Title:||Coordinator - Statutory Planning|
|Industry:||Architecture and Design|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||May 21, 2021|
Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
Sitting within the broader City Planning Department, the Statutory Planning Unit facilitates land use and development in Monash to create a safe and visually attractive city where people want to live, work and recreate. As the leader of a large diverse team of planners, you will be responsible for influencing the future development of the city.
Reporting directly into the Manager of City Planning, this is a Band 8 role. You will be given the opportunity to develop and implement your vision for the team, in partnership with the Manager. Driving the broader strategic direction of the team, you will be supported by four Team Leaders who will manage the day to day tasks. This is the opportunity for someone to take a step up into a 2IC role, to be a true leader and promote growth, innovation and deliver change within a team of engaged planners.
About the Position:
The Coordinator Statutory Planning will:
- Lead and manage the Statutory Planning Unit in the delivery of high quality, cost effective statutory planning services to a broad client base, ensuring that the Council meets its statutory responsibilities and that Council policy is implemented.
- foster a culture that is reflective of the City of Monash values, in particular our strong commitment to customer service and continuous improvement.
- manage the provision of professional advice on a broad range of statutory planning issues on complex and difficult or sensitive issues.
- provide support, encouragement and advice to the Statutory Planning Team Leaders in managing and mentoring their direct reports.
- participate in the development of Department strategic management plans and policy and provide review and implementation of fair and efficient planning policies.
- Experience in the management of staff, ideally in a high volume environment.
- An ability to blend people leadership and planning technical skills.
- Exceptional team working and collaboration skills.
- Extensive relevant experience in the local government sector in land use planning.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate at all levels and with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Sound understanding of the planning and development industry, including issues and developments within both the public and private sectors.
- A tertiary qualification in Town Planning.
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to a vibrant health and well-being program, flexible working arrangements and training opportunities.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of Sunday 13th of June at 11:55pm.
If you would like to discuss this role further or for a copy of the position description, please contact Emma Murphy at Public Sector People on 0412 786 746 or at Emma@publicsectorpeople.com.au.
Monash Council values flexible working arrangements and embraces workplace diversity, inclusion and equity, including children and young people.
We are committed to being a child safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.
Follow us on
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Statutory Planner
Senior Statutory Planner
Manager of Planning & Development
Urban Development Officer
Senior Interior Designer
Senior Open Space Planner
Project Architect - Luxury multi residential development
Draftsperson (Revit) - Sydney - Builder / Developer
Senior Interior Designer | Design & Construct Firm