Design Manager - Rail | Construction
|Job Title:||Design Manager - Rail | Construction|
|Job Published:||November 12, 2019 15:02|
Location: Adelaide area
Our client is a Tier one engineering & construction business who work on some of the most iconic projects across Australia. They are now looking to recruit a Design manager to take a key role in managing the design process throughout the construction phase, resolving design issues where necessary. The project is a key modernization and electrification project within South Australia, based from Adelaide.
Benefits of this role
- Work on a high-profile major Rail electrification project in SA.
- Market leading salary package and benefits.
- Work with a business that supports diversity and inclusion.
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Interfacing with the design and construction teams to ensure the project is delivered correctly, resolving design issues where required.
- Manage engineering consultants and undertake value engineering options.
- Ensuring the project is delivered to time and budget requirements.
- Oversee subcontractors to ensure compliance to standards and procedures.
To be successful for this role you will need;
- Extensive experience in design & construction management working on large scale infrastructure projects within either an engineering contractor or consultancy.
- A degree in either electrical or civil engineering or similar.
- Experience working on Electrification projects, signalling replacements, electrical feeder stations and pedestrian level crossing projects would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to build relationships and engage with numerous stakeholders, including the ability to manage multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Experience working on Rail projects within Australia.
Design & Build specializes in recruitment for the Construction, Manufacturing, Engineering & Property industries on a national basis. Design & Build prides itself on only hiring recruitment specialists, finding the right people for the right jobs and doing the right thing by both job seekers and employers alike.
For any questions relating to this role please contact Cameron Rosie on 03 8535 3100 / 0406 422 318 / firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's