Electrical Engineer (Automation, Instrumentation) - Contract role
|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer (Automation, Instrumentation) - Contract role|
|Contact Name:||Cameron Rosie|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2019 15:02|
Our client, a leading manufacturing company are looking to recruit a Senior Electrical/Automation Engineer to their growing site team south of Melbourne, to work on a variety of exciting upgrade projects.
The client is looking for:
- Electrical or Automation engineering background, including Instrumentation and PLC systems, with an associated Electrical or Automation degree in engineering
- Minimum 5 years relevant industrial experience (safety systems, safe system of work documentation, contractor supervision, equipment commissioning, project close out, etc)
- Participation in the development of engineering projects as part of a multidisciplinary team (preferably including different products and technologies in Electrical and Automation areas)
- Experience in PLC / HMI programming
- Good communication and organisation skills to interface with stakeholders at the design stage, contractors at the installation phase
You will be responsible for;
- To input to all phases of a project within the scope of services as required by the Engineering Team Leader
- Project manage the implementation of the Warehouse Management Application suite and supporting controls
- Conduct feasibility studies of warehouse management and IoT systems prior to implementation
- To manage and co-ordinate all project processes
- To ensure that established systems and procedures for project delivery are adhered to
- Ensure the project implementation is in accordance with the defined time, the budget and the safety measurements.
- Some specification and programming of PLCs, and sensory controls may need to be done from time to time
- Implement and deploy WMS setups and configurations for different operational units
- Develop test plans, scenario’s and secure successful execution
- Validate, test, and accept version/releases of WMS software
- Cooperate with (project) team members and key-users
- Select and coordinate software and hardware vendor activities
- Identify, report and follow-up on issues
Design & Build specialises in recruitment for the Construction, Engineering & Property industries on a national basis. Design & Build prides itself on only hiring recruitment specialists, finding the right people for the right jobs and doing the right thing by both job seekers and employers alike.
For any questions relating to this role please contact Cameron on 03 8535 3100/0406422318 or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration