Environmental & Sustainability Advisor
|Job Title:||Environmental & Sustainability Advisor|
|Job Published:||January 21, 2020|
My client is a well-respected, family orientated organisation, with a fantastic reputation in the market built up over the past 30 years. Due to continued success, and progressive growth, my client is seeking an experienced Environmental and Sustainability advisor/manager to join their growing team. With projects varying from $1 - $30 Million, across multiple sectors, this is an exciting opportunity for a candidate seeking a long-term career move. The job role will be working closely with a Senior Environmental and Engineering Director with a clear path to senior management for the right candidate. My client is extremely diverse in their skill set and projects the work across, including - Rail, Government, Heritage, Roads and Bridges.
- Identify and obtain required environmental and planning related permits, licences and approvals
- Prepare and review project environmental and engagement related plans and documents
- Prepare for, participate in and where required conduct environment and engagement audits
- Providing advice to our design, construction and subcontractor teams in the areas of environmental management and sustainability to deliver outstanding environmental and sustainability outcomes
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Environmental and Sustainability Management Plans and associated documents
- Managing the continued start-up of the new projects including finalisation and implementation of EMPs, obtaining approvals, and set up of environmental governance activities such as identification of environmental risks, implementation of environmental controls, weekly toolbox and other communication activities, and implementation of compliance activities such as inspections
- Identifying key environmental risks, and developing appropriate controls and communication for inclusion in work planning activities
- Manage the preparation of environmental impact assessment, environmental management and sustainability of projects in accordance with relevant legislation, systems and processes and best practice.
- Ensure environmental compliance, inspections and reporting are undertaken in accordance with relevant NSW and Commonwealth legislation, systems and processes and other policy requirements.
- Ensure compliance with legal and client requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, such as Planning, Environmental, Natural Resources, Environmental Engineering or similar, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working on major infrastructure or government project (roads or rail preferred) is highly desirable
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to function unsupervised, working under pressure where required