Environmental Health Officer
|Job Title:||Environmental Health Officer|
|Location:||Australia, Regional VIC|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||April 22, 2021|
The purpose of this role is to undertake all relevant statutory functions and ensure that the relevant requirements of the Public Health & Wellbeing Act 2008, Food Act 1984, Environment Protection Act 1970, Tobacco Act 1987 and Residential Tenancies Act 1997 are complied with, as well as relevant statutory functions of other statutes, or programs, that are so delegated by Council.
This is a permanent Band 6 position, salaried at $81,648 - $88,160 + Super. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent industry knowledge and previous experience working for a Local Council as an EHO. Flexible working arrangements are available, but you will need to spend some time in the office/local area. This is a great opportunity for an EHO ready to step into a Band 6 role or someone who is seeking a lifestyle change.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Public and Environmental Health) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, relevant legislation using an outcome focussed and risk-based approach.
- Ability to investigate and gather evidence to identify contraventions of relevant legislation and take appropriate enforcement, and other action, to achieve compliance to minimise risk.
- Demonstrated commitment to a team philosophy and a willingness to participate in continuous improvement of work practices.
- High level of problem-solving skills, policy development and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of customers and willingness to negotiate solution focused outcomes.
- A current, valid Victorian driver’s license
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity or other Environmental Health roles within public sector, please contact Emma Murphy on (03) 8535 3111 |Emma@publicsectorpeople.com.au.