|Job Title:||Geotechnical Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jackson Burton|
|Job Published:||October 22, 2020 12:01|
What will your day look like?
- Undertake fieldwork activities and fieldwork supervision.
- Travel and work in the field and in remote locations. Interstate travel may be required as part of your employment
- Assist with geotechnical analyses for foundations and retaining walls investigations, slope stability investigations, pavement designs, and earthworks supervision.
- Ensure adequate sampling and laboratory work is carried out to establish design soil and rock conditions.
- Participate in the delivery of projects, ensuring work outputs are of a high technical standard and are quality assured.
- Effectively communicate design outcomes with the clientele.
- Assist in providing critical analysis of data to develop and implement practical and commercial solutions for our clientele.
- Work with a variety of experienced and professional engineers and scientists in a collaborative team environment.
- Ensure OHS procedures are adhered to under all circumstances.
You will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Civil Engineering, or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience operating or a willingness to learn to operate small Auger Drilling Rigs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills and understanding of computer systems for monitoring and reporting of data (particularly Microsoft Office Suite)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- An ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of Australian and Industry standards
- Physically fit enough to be able to perform field duties
- Current valid driver’s license.