Health & Safety Advisor - Major Infrastructure Project
|Job Title:||Health & Safety Advisor - Major Infrastructure Project|
|Contact Name:||Ian Bond|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2019 15:33|
Our client is an established infrastructure builder that focuses on major projects across Australia and has a strong presence in the Victorian market. The company was founded around 40 years ago and employees thousands of people globally. Since its inception, they have grown to be one of the best known Civil Engineering companies in Australia. year on year.
Due to a full order book for the coming years, they have a need to appoint a number of H&S Advisors to be based on-sites around Melbourne reporting into the companies H&S Manager.
As the H&S Advisor you will be responsible for the following:
- Mentoring and coaching personnel to drive a culture of "Safety and Health above all else"
- Investigating incidents and accidents, and responding with corrective actions
- Monitoring S&H performance and ensuring compliance with S&H policy, procedures and legislative requirements
- Conducting regular inspections and audits
- Identifying key environmental risks, and developing appropriate controls and communication for inclusion in work planning activities
- Conducting environmental monitoring, inspection and auditing programs at projects as required, and maintaining associated documentation and records
- Assisting in the development and analysis of hazard and risk identification processes, and the application of suitable controls
- Conducting or facilitating safety educational programs
- Assisting with reporting requirements as required
- Influencing and fostering a strong HSE Culture through strong leadership and communication skills
- Ensuring a current understanding of all relevant legislation is maintained at all times.
- Minimum of Cert IV in WH&S
- Ideally, 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- Significant experience within Civil Engineering
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with people at all levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
For any questions relating to this role or other opportunities with D&B and our clients please contact Ian Bond on 0421 604 838 or click apply.
Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/designandbuildrecruitment
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/design.build.recruit/
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/design-&-build-recruitment/
Check us out on Google: https://bit.ly/2whfDMO
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's