HSEQ Manager - Civil Contractor
|Job Title:||HSEQ Manager - Civil Contractor|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2020 17:48|
A Melbourne based Civil Engineering contractor has asked Design & Build to resource for an experienced HSEQ Manager to join the business, to work alongside the leadership team offering best council to the Managing Director and construction team to achieve excellence in Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
Based out of their office in Melbourne (Contact me for exact location), you will report into the Managing Director and be responsible for all aspects of ensuring the Companies full compliance with all Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental legislation and legal obligations.
You will be expected to lead and manage the QSE operations and obligations of the company, through continuous improvement mechanisms and ideals. Also, you'll be tasked to ensure the maintenance of QSE accreditation.
This opportunity is for someone who wants to feel like they're adding value and want to be rewarded for it!
As the HSEQ Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide assistance/advice/recommendations as appropriate to facilitate/drive continuous improvement in Health, Safety & Environmental performance in the Company.
- Create/maintain mechanisms by which compliance with all applicable statutory, legal and Company requirements throughout the Company is achieved. Recommend and assist in the implementation of corrective action necessary to prevent the recurrence of non-conformances detected.
- Relentlessly challenge existing processes, work methods and SWMS pursuing continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain an Integrated Management System which is regularly updated to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensuring we maintain our Integrated Management System, certified to JAZ/ANZ with specific reference to ISO 9001:2008, 4801:2001 and 14001:2004 (annual Certification) by:
- Working with all levels of the business to ensure their respective compliance responsibilities are met
- Reporting any non-compliance to the GM.
- Ensure that the FSC Accreditation is maintained (Recertification Bi-annually)
- Diploma in WHS
- Experience in an HSEQ Manager role with a civil contractor (bridges/roads/sewers)
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience
For any questions relating to this role or other opportunities with D&B and our clients please contact Ian Bond on 0421 604 838 or click apply.
Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/designandbuildrecruitment
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/design.build.recruit/
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/design-&-build-recruitment/
Check us out on Google: https://bit.ly/2whfDMO
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's