Lead Process Safety Engineer
|Job Title:||Lead Process Safety Engineer|
|Job Published:||February 24, 2020 20:46|
The aim of this role is to provide process safety leadership and technical expertise to support the operating assets to achieve safe, reliable and compliant operations. The role also provides technical support and review for the process safety activities associated with new project development and operational changes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery and implementation of effective process safety processes and systems
- Lead the PHA Revalidation, maintenance of Formal Safety Assessments and Pipeline Safety Management Study Programs
- Lead and participate in internal and third-party audits to assess compliance with HSE processes and technical safety standards
- Governance of asset led process safety plans and activities
- Fulfil the role of Technical Authority for Technical Safety
- Provide technical safety engineering support to the assets
- Establish and maintain technical safety standards as technical authority
- Lead process safety initiatives including safety culture across the organisation
- Provide coaching and mentoring of personnel in process safety
To be successful in this role you will need to be driven, energetic and have proven ability demonstrating strategic direction as well as technical support, this role is suited to an experienced process safety professional who has previously worked in complex operating environments.
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)
- Tertiary qualifications in chemical/process/mechanical engineering or Risk and Safety Engineering complemented by extensive experience in process safety management in an oil and gas, hydrocarbon or petrochemical environment
- Ability to apply critical thinking and confidence to challenge and communicate ideas and concerns to management
- In depth knowledge of local legislation, regulations, standards and HSE requirements
- In depth knowledge of process equipment that is used in a hydrocarbon, chemical and oil and gas environment
- Ability to facilitate process hazard analyses to support operations and project related activities including PSSR, HAZOP, LOPA, Bow-tie, human engineering assessments, ORA and ALARP assessments.
- Ability to manage technical safety programmes of work
- Practical operations experience including experience with management of change, pre-start up safety reviews, commissioning, turnarounds, and troubleshooting.
- Incident Investigation experience (eg ICAM, Human Factors Assessment, Causal 5-whys)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's