Lead Wind Engineer
|Job Title:||Lead Wind Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Chris McCutcheon|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2022|
Currently developing a portfolio of renewable energy and green hydrogen projects it’s a great time to join the business. They are now looking for a highly experienced Lead Wind Engineer to join the business and play a major part in the renewables team.
The role of the Lead Wind Engineer is to manage a team of wind power engineers to be the global centre of excellence for our client’s Wind Power Projects under evaluation, development, construction, and operation.
Wind Power Project Engineering and Design
- Site identification and scoping study support
- Resource monitoring and data assessment
- Wind power plant design and technology selection
- Generation forecast assessment
- Environmental impact assessments (e.g. noise emission, shadow flicker, visual impact)
- Wind Turbine Generator Technology
- Wind engineering procedures, standards, and processes.
- Operational plant and equipment performance analysis
- Legislation and regulatory compliance,
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Due diligence of wind power projects investigated for acquisition
- Equipment / services scope of works
- Equipment / services procurement
- Construction of Wind Power Plants
- Operation and Maintenance of Wind Power Plants
- Managing and developing a high-performing team of wind engineering professionals
- Support ongoing improvement of the company’s internal wind power project standards and procedures in relation to all relevant aspects of the development, construction, and operation.
- Provide value-adding engineering support to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Develop relationships with and regularly liaise with consultants, service provider and equipment manufacturers.
- Tertiary Engineering Qualification (preferred Renewable Energy, Energy or Electrical)
- 15+ years in wind power plant engineering and design
- In depth knowledge of appropriate wind engineering software, wind turbine technology, project evaluation and design methodologies.
- High level evaluation and analysis skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate well in an environment where there are tight timeframes
- High interpersonal and people management skills
- Problem solving skills
Candidates must be able to bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and be prepared to work outside of their comfort zone.
Follow us on
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Civil Engineer/Drafter/Designer - Intermediate and lead role available
Senior Track Engineer
Bridge Drafter - Senior and Lead role available
Materials Engineer - Senior role available