Legal Counsel / Commercial Manager
|Job Title:||Legal Counsel / Commercial Manager|
|Job Published:||March 18, 2020 12:17|
Our client is an international engineering company who employ over 350 staff nationally and have established, long-lasting relationships across the industry. They are seeking an experienced Contract Specialist to support the team and assist with contract management and negotiation.
Are you a Contracts Manager/Legal professional who has a desire to work for company with a great reputation for both their projects and culture?
If so, this is a role worth serious consideration.
They have an exceptional reputation due to both their project successes, the working culture and the environment. The staff retention rates are extremely impressive so this is a rare opportunity to join a leader in the industry who are very progressive in their approach to work/life balance, diversity and inclusion.
About the role:
The role will support both the project teams and the in-house legal team to ensure contracts are managed and executed efficiently. This role is to support the management of the contractual process
- Review and make recommendations on a range of contracts and related documents including: short form and long form contracts, Australian standard contracts and purchase orders, non-disclosure agreements, deeds of release, deeds of novation, sub-contracts and teaming agreements
- Support Project Managers in negotiating, executing and managing their contracts (including supplementary documentation)
- Liaise with clients in order to facilitate contractual process to ensure access to all relevant documents, timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations
- Ensure that contracts are executed and contractual requirements communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness to support implementation.
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- Provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including assistance in training for project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures
- Assist in developing and implementing procedures for contract management
You will be a self-motivated, commercially minded individual with experience in a similar role in the built environment. Experience in a commercial or consultancy role is essential as well as demonstrated experience in tough contracts negotiation and reviews. You will be a team-player who is happy to get stuck in and works well under pressure.
This is an exciting time to join this organisation and continue to develop your career. If you are interested in exploring this fantastic opportunity, and possess the above attributes then please apply today!! For more information call Pippa Rickett on 03 8535 3100.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's