Mechanical Designer - Solidworks!
|Job Title:||Mechanical Designer - Solidworks!|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2020|
Design and Build have partnered with a leading engineering business that supports the water and waste water markets. They provide turn-key systems for a wide range of environmental sewerage & water infrastructure solutions, including large scale developments, councils, water authorities and extensive retail and channel partners.
Due to increased project work they are now seeking an experienced Hydraulic Design Engineer to provide hydraulic computations for both large gravity pump stations and pressure sewer systems to all Australian Water Authorities and Councils.
Essential to this role is being able to liaise between multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve the most effective and viable outcomes possible. You would use your highly developed design, communication and time management skills to prioritise your work load whilst being able to consistently deliver high quality and accurate hydraulic details across multiple designs.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in working with programs such as SolidWorks for a minimum of 5 years in a similar industry (working knowledge in AutoCAD is highly preferred)
- Experience and knowledge in the water and wastewater industry (familiarity with WSAA codes, MRWA and SEQ specifications is highly preferred – at least one is required)
- Able to plan and deliver on your commitments with autonomy and across multiple projects simultaneously (essential)
- Detail focused (essential)
- Working knowledge on submersible pumps, valves, pipework etc. (essential)
- Extensive knowledge in hydraulics
- Diploma / Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in water / sewer industry in a similar role
- Excellent written & verbal communication
For any questions relating to this role please contact Cameron Rosie on 0385353100 / 0406422318 / Cameron@designandbuild.com.au or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.