|Job Title:||Mining Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jackson Burton|
|Job Published:||September 22, 2020 11:47|
Design & Build is seeking a Senior Mining Engineer for well known mining Operator within the Bowen Basin. This is a FIFO, DIDO or Residential (home every night) Role offering an excellent family friendly roster!
The company is an industry leader that is known for looking after its staff. The culture here is engaging, supportive and they truly value their people.
The position will be working on a Tier 1 Open-Cut Coal operation reporting into the Technical Services Manager.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Mining Engineer will include:
- Managing and mentoring the technical services team on site
- Short and Medium Term Mine Planning
- Production responsibility
- Support process, environment and maintenance managers
- Maintaining a safe work place and managing and promoting health and safety procedures
- Establishing strong rapport with colleagues in the team as well as other teams within the operation
- Provide leadership and management to the current employees whist implementing succession planning
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities for the operation
To succeed in the of Senior Mining Engineer role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the mining industry with management/supervision experience beneficial
- A proven track record in safety and environment
- Mine Planning experience
- Planning and organizational skills; including problem solving and team evaluation
- Competitive salary package
- Good team culture
- Permanent Full-time opportunity
If you feel you are not suitable for this role but would like to discuss other opportunities please contact us to have a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's