|Job Title:||OHW Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Ben Smith|
|Job Published:||September 22, 2019 05:45|
With a strong pipeline of rail work in Victoria, we’re looking for the support of an Overhead Wiring Engineer to join a rail industry specialist and work across complex and interesting engineering design projects. In this role you’ll be interacting with valued clients at site or at project meetings/workshops as well as rolling your sleeves up and getting into the technical detail.
Day to day you’ll develop to completion Overhead Wiring Design on major infrastructure projects across Victoria alongside a enthusiastic team. You’ll be responsible for designing overhead traction for rail systems, as well as preparing reports like design basis reports, constructor tech specs and investigation reports to name a few.
- Work independently to complete the planning, design and execution of projects that meet or exceed client expectations, are within the agreed budget, and are delivered on or ahead of schedule and with minimal risk to the health and safety of people and the environment
- Supervise project staff and review deliverables to ensure compliance with technical and quality assurance standards
- Monitor costs on an ongoing basis and do not allow them to exceed the predetermined and approved budget costs
- Work in design optimisation and digital engineering
- Engineering degree with a minimum of 6+ years’ of OHW related experience
- Strong practical overhead line equipment design experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of commercial arrangements and relationships
- Proficiency in Microstation
- Passion for digital engineering
Design & Build specialises in recruitment for the Construction, Engineering & Property industries on a national basis. Design & Build prides itself on only hiring recruitment specialists, finding the right people for the right jobs and doing the right thing by both job seekers and employers alike.
For any questions relating to this role please contact Ben Smith on 0431344459 or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential. Thanks for your consideration.