Principal Mechanical Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Mechanical Engineer|
|Salary:||$150,000 to $170,000|
|Job Published:||December 20, 2019 12:01|
Our client, an award winning leading global engineering consultancy, are looking to recruit a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join their Melbourne team.
Benefits of the role:
- This role will give you the opportunity to be involved in some of Australia's most prestigious projects and be involved in management of those projects.
- Award winning Engineering Consultancy
- Global Career development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Leading salary packages
- Proactively managing selected projects or components of projects, managing subcontractors, managing the production of analysis and design (including drawings and reports), taking responsibility for resource allocation, collaborating with other design disciplines ensuring the integrity of the overall design, quality assurance, and client expectations are met;
- Providing input into the sector strategy/ business plans, as required, and contributing towards its achievement;
- Gaining a good understanding of the background of the client’s business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry;
- Liaising with and assisting the Project Manager to ensure commercial aspects relating to the design team(s) (eg. contract, invoicing, debt, client management etc.) can achieve a successful result and with the client to keep informed of all developments, changes/modifications associated with the project; and
- Providing leadership and direction to the project team and taking a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential, leading by example.
- 10+ years' demonstrated experience within mechanical design and management is essential;
- Relevant post-graduate experience, including supervising aspects of a project of significant scale and/or complexity, application of standards, managing of resources and technical knowledge;
- Experience of delivering designs and reports at all stages from concept through to final project and construction delivery;
- Demonstrated experience of managing inter-disciplinary design interfaces and/or projects;
- Demonstrated technical, commercial and delivery acumen and ability to lead, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills; and
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
For any questions relating to this role please contact Cameron Rosie on 03 8535 3100 / firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's