Principal Structural Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Structural Engineer|
|Job Published:||March 30, 2020 09:39|
Reporting the Structural Director, you will be responsible for the leadership of Melbourne’s structural design services business unit. You will also oversee the management and execution of structural design projects in accordance with the project brief and fee.
You have demonstrated experience leading a team of technical staff and managing projects at high level, on time and to budget. You will utilise your strong network within the building and construction sector preferably in Victoria and your willing to represent the company by increasing brand awareness and ensure a healthy project pipeline.
The core benefits of this role are
- Excellent salary package and career development opportunities.
- Organisation has strong client relationships and consistent pipeline of projects to support employees
- Be a part of people first culture with a flexible working environment
- Increasing brand awareness of the organisation to drive project growth using your network and market knowledge
- Undertake strategic and speculative client meetings regarding projects and client relationship programs to gather intelligence and form project partnerships
- Forming successful working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including company executives, engineering & technical staff, clients and client staff and cross sector / discipline leaders.
- Providing technical leadership, mentor ship, and advice to other engineers in the company and to client staff
- Assume responsibility for the financial management of the business unit and the projects executed by the business unit to ensure profit targets are achieved
- Prepare fee proposals and expressions of interest
- Monitor project costs and report progress to the Structural of Director
- Structural design of medium and high-rise buildings, including post tension design
The successful candidates will have:
- Accredited structural engineering degree
- 10 years demonstrated experience in design and delivery of structural services
- Demonstrated ability to lead, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills
- Strong technical capability & understanding to ensure quality service delivery. Preferably capabilities such as; Structural steel, Precast concrete, Reinforced concrete, Post Tension Concrete, Masonry and Timber
- Preferably you will be recognised as a Chartered Engineer or NER
For any questions relating to this role please contact Kelly Power on 0385353100 / 0412 747 198 / firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's