Principal Structural Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Structural Engineer|
|Salary:||$140k - $150k package|
|Contact Name:||Emily Roberson|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2020 09:46|
Roles and Responsibilities of the Principal Structural Engineer will include:
In this role, you will lead project teams to deliver high-profile projects across Sydney from concept to completion. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects, achieving client and project partner satisfaction, repeat and new business.
- Operate as Project Director / Design Manager on all projects
- Liaise with clients, including escalations / build relationships
- Resource allocation amongst your group
- Financial management: Billable targets, Forecasts/invoicing/ time sheet reviews for your team
- Highly experienced in project management
- Broad and in-depth experience and understanding of Design management and engineering principles;
- A people-centric and solutions-driven approach with excellent holistic problem-solving skills;
- Part of the leadership team
- Contribute to business initiatives
- Be part of any growth / business process improvement projects
- Recruit / performance manage
- Mentor younger leaders
- Minimum 12 years of engineering design experience within an engineering consultancy
- Advanced understanding of structural design principles and their application to engineering design and construction
- Advanced understanding of Australian Building Codes and Standards and their practical application
- Experience producing technical reports and developing concepts that add value to a project
- Experience using ETABS, SAFE and Bentley Structural Enterprise software.
- Experienced in several of the following areas of design: masonry, composite construction, post-tensioned concrete, precast concrete, pre-tension, pre-stressed concrete, reinforced concrete, structural steel, timber and cross laminated timber panel construction
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Membership with Engineers Australia as CPEng and NER
For any questions relating to this role or other opportunities with D&B and our clients please contact Emily Roberson on 02 9376 8200 or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's