Project Engineer - Pre-Contracts
|Job Title:||Project Engineer - Pre-Contracts|
|Job Published:||November 16, 2021|
They are now looking for Engineers who are eager to join in their Pre-Contracts Team located in Melbourne. The Pre-Contracts Engineer will aid the Bid Leaders and Estimators in accurate and competitive tenders and EOI submissions. In this role there will be opportunity for growth and professional development ultimately making available to you the opportunity to run and manage your own tenders as a Bid Leader.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with design reviews and provide feedback to consultants including Identify alternatives or design improvements
- Attend and participate in all tender reviews.
- Develop working knowledge of client specifications, documentation, and method of measurement.
- Perform quantity calculations for tender input.
- Develop knowledge of correct quote request procedures and engage with and evaluate quotes received.
- Review tender documentation for anomalies.
- Assess responses to quote requests and create the Vendor Analysis to present all quote information reviews.
- Develop knowledge of Expert Estimation (Genesis) and first principle cost estimation.
- Prepare construction methodologies to assist Estimators
- Assist in developing Traffic Management Plans and programming as required.
- Prepare methodologies, plans and other documentation for tender submissions, post tender submissions, and Expressions of Interest.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or its equivalent.
- Experience working within a civil construction environment preferably having self-performed and managed the work of subcontractors.
- Excellent computer knowledge with emphasis on Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to compile accurate construction programmes using MS Project/ Asta or similar.
- Understanding of head and subcontract agreements.
- Ability to develop accurate budgets and forecasts.
- Ability to develop innovative construction methodologies.
What is on offer:
- Pay equity and competitive remuneration
- Bonus programs and generous employee share programs
- Attractive project allowances and conditions for regional projects
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Professional development opportunities
- Be part of a global organisation which offers security and opportunity.
For any questions relating to this role or other opportunities with D&B and our clients please contact firstname.lastname@example.org on + 61 412 747 198 or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.
Follow us on
Get similar jobs like these by email
Sign in or register here to receive emails about new jobs like these
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Estimator - MajorProjects
Estimator - Landscape and Civil
$110-130k + super + car
$140K - $170K
$120-130 + super + car
Project Coordinator / Project Engineer
Senior Project Engineer - Tier 1