Rail Signalling Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Rail Signalling Project Engineer|
|Industry:||Rail and Manufacturing|
|Contact Name:||Chris McCutcheon|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2021|
Due to continual growth, they are looking to add an experienced Project Engineer who has worked within the signalling space to their well-established team. This is a great opportunity to work on the most exciting rail projects happening across Victoria!
Support the Project Manager by undertaking specific elements of work packages to support rail projects.
- Support the achievement of Balance Scorecard objectives
- Achieve pre-determined standards of quality to the international ISO 9001 standard and cost efficiently.
- Assist the Project Manager with the preparation of scope documentation for specific activities/works and progress the engagement of the contractor/supplier, including tendering, evaluation contract award.
- Program, stage and deliver work packages to occupation programs.
- Identify work practices, methods and activities that can be altered or improved.
- Lead the detailed planning for specific project activities, as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Manage all aspects of allocated projects in conjunction with relevant stakeholders and contractors to progress projects to implementation and commissioning.
- Manage individual packages of work on the project, as assigned by the Project Manager, through the complete project life cycle.
- Manage the administration and control of Contract Instructions, in conjunction with the Construction Manager, ensuring that any change of scope, direction to proceed, site instruction.
- Manage the handover process at project completion ensuring that all the key stakeholders are involved, and that project documentation is completed in accordance with procedures.
- Manage the signalling design information and drawings, including ensuring that a current drawing register is maintained and that the documentation is issued to all the relevant parties.
- Undertake assigned work duties to ensure their completion on time, within budget, with all project risks mitigated and effect on train operations whilst ensuring that construction standards are maintained and conform to safety, reliability and quality.
- Work with multi-discipline teams, coordinating inputs and reaching a decision for the benefit of the project.
- Report on project financial position against an agreed budget baseline and justify deviations to the project budget.
- Manage the external stakeholder relationship of the project to achieve a positive working relationship on all projects.
Qualifications Skills and Experience:
- 2- 4 years minimum experience working as a project engineer within the signalling space
- Engineering Degree or Similar Qualification
- Project Engineer within the Signalling space (2-4 years minimum ideal)
- Experience in engineering principles of planning, report preparation and scheduling
- Experience in multi-disciplinary rail projects
- Experience in signalling design activities
- Ability to collect, analyse and present workplace data and information.
- Ability to follow occupational health, safety and environmental procedures in the rail industry.
- Ability to identify and assess functional specifications for compliance.
- Ability to identify customer specifications and requirements.
- Ability to implement direct costing to user briefs, technical requirements and safety.
- Ability to use Microsoft programs for the application and presentation of various management reports.
For any questions relating to this role or other opportunities with D&B and our clients please contact Chris McCutcheon on + 61 412 747 198 / firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.
Follow us on
Job has Expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's