Senior Automation / Electrical Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Automation / Electrical Project Engineer|
|Industry:||Rail and Manufacturing|
|Contact Name:||Blair Hickman|
|Job Published:||July 21, 2021|
Our client, a leading Steel manufacturing company are looking to recruit a Senior Automation Engineer to their growing site team south of Melbourne, to work on a variety of exciting upgrade projects.
The client is looking for:
• 5 years' experience in Controls/Automation engineering, preferably within the heavy engineering industries. (Steel, Oil & Gas, Water, Mining etc.)
• A good working knowledge of PLC programming is essential.
• Working knowledge and understanding of Australian building codes and standards
• A relevant tertiary qualification in Electrical/Controls engineering.
You will be responsible for;
• Monitoring and managing system hardware performance
• Ensuring system software management and backups
• Providing technical support to reliability investigations
• Providing technical support to Work co-ordinators in procedure development and job planning
• Providing technical support to Maintenance Strategists in strategy development
• Liaising with process analysts and other manufacturing resources using appropriate measures of process and equipment performance to identify priority work
• Assisting with monitoring and managing key product and process variables (reviews process through level 2/3 logging systems performance)
• Providing technical up skilling to others as required.
• Ensuring that all design proposals are taken through appropriate processes (eg. Design review, hazop, etc) to ensure safe and successful outcomes.
• Planning and executing small step improvement projects from inception to operations
• Leading improvements resulting from failure investigations and approved quality improvements.
• Assisting with engineering specification of system upgrade / change requirements (including ongoing audits)
• Specifying and auditing significant improvement projects in the manufacturing area.
If you want to apply, please contact Blair by email on email@example.com for more details.