Senior Civil Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Civil Engineer|
|Salary:||Basic + Super|
|Contact Name:||Teddy Murphy|
|Job Published:||December 18, 2019 07:46|
An opportunity to work for a consultancy with over 300 staff that provide Engineering, Surveying and Geotechnical services to the building and land development industries.
Working from the Head Office located in Melbourne CBD with further offices located throughout Australia, you will work with leading residential builders, industrial and commercial development companies, government and urban land authorities, developers, and architects.
The team are now looking for Senior Civil Design Engineer to join a small civil team in Melbourne whilst working on interstate projects.
Your role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Civil engineering design for projects in land development, subdivision, utility services and building projects for commercial, residential, industrial and townhouse developments.
- Liaising with clients, drafters, contractors, Council and other authorities, architects and builders.
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor Degree in Engineering - Civil
- 5+ years of professional experience for Civil engineering projects in with at least 2 years in Australia
- White Card (construction induction)
- Experience in road and drainage design, reticulation (to WSAA standards) and major services infrastructure
- Knowledge of Australian Standards, Austroads, VicRoads and other relevant authority standards for road and drainage design
- Understanding of land development concepts, experience in subdivision design, stormwater and WSUD including MUSIC modelling
- Construction auditing experience/ability for sewer and water projects (as recognized by CWW, YVW)
- Excellent skills in 3D modelling and presentation (in Civil 3D and AutoCAD) for earthworks, road, drainage, sewer and pavement design and ability to train younger engineers. 12D experience would also be suitable
- Project management, contract administration and construction supervision experience (desirable)
- Minor flood assessments (desirable)
- Registered Building Practitioner (VIC) and/or RPEQ is desired
- An environment that challenges and welcomes innovation
- Leaders that nurture, support and develop the leader in you
- A team that is friendly and supportive
- Flexible work environment
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted and your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's