Senior Cost Planner
|Job Title:||Senior Cost Planner|
|Contact Name:||Josh Edwards|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2019 08:16|
Reporting to the Design Development Manager and sitting within their Commercial and Industrial business function, you will typically be exposed to projects in the region of $30-100m. You will need to have a strong passion for what you do as soft skills are equally as important to technical skills within the role due to their diverse stakeholder base.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide Cost Planning advice to support New Business Team secure and maximise new development opportunities.
• Assist Cost Planning Team prepare Estimates, Design Briefs and Development Programs for inclusion in New Business client and board submissions tailored to each development.
• Prepare handover pack for Construction Team on all successful submissions including trade breakup of cost plans, design briefs, cost planning design assumptions, consultant advice, subcontractor pricing and development programs.
• Monitor and analyse Construction Team tender trade lettings and feed information back into cost planner’s price books to maintain accuracy of cost plans.
Skills and attributes:
• A relevant tertiary qualification in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying (or equivalent)
• Competent use of all relevant software including Microsoft Office Suite, CostX or Buildsoft
• 5 years cost estimating experience with a QS firm/developer/builder
• Experience in commercial and industrial property development (desirable
• Experience in dealing with clients and client bodies, consultants and subcontractors
For any questions relating to this role or other opportunities with D&B and our clients please contact Josh Edwards on 03 8535 3100 or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/designandbuildrecruitment
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/design.build.recruit/
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/design-&-build-recruitment/
Check us out on Google: https://bit.ly/2whfDMO
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's