|Job Title:||Senior Estimator|
|Contact Name:||Alex Mitchell|
|Job Published:||May 11, 2019 05:46|
Operating in the Educational, Industrial, Commercial, Multi-Resi and Aged Care sectors across new build & fitout/refurb this business currently requires a strong and driven Estimator to join their current flat structured & experienced Estimating team of 3.
If you are looking to work for a stable, well known and ethical builder this could be the role for you.
Reporting to the Director of the business your duties will include:
- Preparation of initial estimating assessment of tenders
- Perform trade break ups of documentation, appropriate trade subcontractor selection lists, and liaise with subcontractors to ensure they have a full understanding of the required scope of works and programme
- Final preparation and presentation of rated and coded Bill of Quantities and/or cost plan for internal review and issuing appropriate information to stakeholders
- Comparison and analysis of subcontractor pricing
- Regular meetings with subcontractors throughout the tender period to ensure the most competitive pricing and accurate bids
Essential criteria for the Estimator joining:
- Demonstrated analytical abilities
- Experience Estimating commercial & residential new build jobs from $50m-$300M
- Buildsoft competent is favoured
- Proactive problem solver but also able to ask for help where needed
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Design & Build specialises in recruitment for the Construction, Engineering & Property industries on a regional and national basis. Design & Build prides itself on only hiring recruitment specialists, finding the right people for the right jobs and doing the right thing by both job seekers and employers alike.
If you feel your experience matches the person specification please contact Alex Mitchell on 02 9376 8200 or click apply. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted and your application will be treated as strictly confidential.