Senior Geotechnical Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Geotechnical Engineer|
|Job Published:||May 11, 2020|
With over 500 professional staff throughout Australia, this is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking at taking the next step in their career to be mentored and develop themselves into a business leader.
In this role you will be required to:
- Work with a wide range of experienced and highly qualified geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, geophysicists, environmental scientists and hydrogeologists.
- Undertake fieldwork activities and fieldwork supervision
- Travel and work in the field and in remote locations (Interstate travel may be required as part of your employment)
- Manage subcontractors and subcontractor costs
- Undertake geotechnical analyses for; Foundations and retaining walls investigations, slope stability investigations, pavement designs, and earthworks supervision.
- Undertake and report on Acid Sulphate Soil conditions and salinity.
- Provide Onsite waste water investigations
- Ensure adequate sampling and laboratory work is carried out to establish design soil and rock conditions.
- Participate in the delivery of projects, ensuring work outputs are of a high technical standard and are quality assured.
- Undertake project management under supervision.
- Effectively communicate design outcomes with clientele.
- Provide critical analysis of data to develop and implement practical and commercial solutions four our clientele.
- Work with a variety of experienced and professional engineers and scientists in a collaborative team environment.
- Ensure OHS procedures are adhered to under all circumstances.
- Qualifications in Engineering Geology, Geology or Civil Engineering, or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Geotechnical engineering experience (8-10 years +)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Proficient skills and understanding of computer systems for monitoring and reporting of data (particularly Microsoft Office Suite);
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- An ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Knowledge of Australian and Industry standards;
- Physically fit enough to be able to perform field duties;
- Open/valid driving license.
- An environment that challenges and welcomes innovation.
- Leaders that nurture, support and develop the leader in you.
- A team that is friendly and supportive.
- Flexible work environment.
- Are you ready for this new challenge full of new projects, great people, a new team, opportunities for personal and professional development and much more.
Follow us on
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's