Senior Geotechnical Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Geotechnical Engineer|
|Job Published:||March 16, 2020|
In this role you will be required to:
- Work with a wide range of experienced and highly qualified geotechnical engineers, geotechnicians, surveyors and engineers.
- Undertake fieldwork activities and fieldwork supervision
- Travel and work in the field and in remote locations (Interstate travel may be required as part of your employment)
- Manage subcontractors and subcontractor costs
- Undertake geotechnical analyses for; Foundations and retaining walls investigations, slope stability investigations, pavement designs, and earthworks supervision.
- Undertake and report on Acid Sulphate Soil conditions and salinity.
- Provide Onsite waste water investigations
- Ensure adequate sampling and laboratory work is carried out to establish design soil and rock conditions.
- Participate in the delivery of projects, ensuring work outputs are of a high technical standard and are quality assured.
- Undertake project management under supervision.
- Effectively communicate design outcomes with clientele.
- Provide critical analysis of data to develop and implement practical and commercial solutions four our clientele.
- Work with a variety of experienced and professional engineers and scientists in a collaborative team environment.
- Ensure OHS procedures are adhered to under all circumstances.
- Qualifications in Engineering Geology, Geology or Civil Engineering, or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Geotechnical engineering experience (5 - 8 years)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Proficient skills and understanding of computer systems for monitoring and reporting of data (particularly Microsoft Office Suite);
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- An ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Knowledge of Australian and Industry standards;
- Physically fit enough to be able to perform field duties;
- Open/valid driving license.
- An environment that challenges and welcomes innovation.
- Leaders that nurture, support and develop the leader in you.
- A team that is friendly and supportive.
- Flexible work environment.
- Are you ready for this new challenge full of new projects, great people, a new team, opportunities for personal and professional development and much more.