Senior Mining Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Mining Engineer|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2020 10:32|
Design & Build is seeking a Senior Mining Planning Engineer for a medium sized Mining Operator. This is Residential Role offering an excellent family friendly roster (home every night). This role will suit an experienced professional keen to live in a busy mining town with excellent schools, transport and amenities.
The company is going through a very exciting period of expansion and this has opened up the opportunity for a professional to join their Australian operations.
This is a senior position reporting to the Mining Manager with direct managerial responsibilities in the technical services team. You will be working on an underground operation so underground mining experience is critical
Key responsibilities of the Senior Mining Planning Engineer will include:
- Managing and mentoring the planning team on site
- Long Term and Medium Term Mine Planning and ensuring designs are high quality and on schedule
- Maintaining a safe work place and managing and promoting health and safety procedures
- Production drilling supervision
- Ensuring production targets are met
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities for the operation
- Organizing external contractors
To succeed in the of Senior Mining Planning Engineer role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- A minimum of 7 years experience ideally including management experience
- Hard Rock experience in an underground mine
- A proven track record in safety and environment
- Mine Planning, design and scheduling experience
- Vulcan or Datamine experience
- Competitive salary package
- Good team culture
- Long term secure employment opportunity
- Private healthcare and life insurance
If you would like to know more about this role please contact the Mining and Resources Team on 02 93768200, please note that not all applications will be answered and only short listed candidates will be responded to.
If you feel you are not suitable for this role but would like to discuss other opportunities please contact us to have a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's