Senior Placemaking Officer
|Job Title:||Senior Placemaking Officer|
|Industry:||Architecture and Design|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2021|
The Senior Placemaking Officer will manage the delivery of Placemaking projects including the preparation of place plans, concept design for key proposals, engaging with key stakeholders and coordinate the implementation of various placemaking initiatives.
The position will involve reviewing community and consultant inputs, preparing spatial plans and strategies, developing urban design concepts, and writing placemaking related reports. The role will also involve collaborating with internal & external partners to make great places, including the organization of creative activations, community events, internal working groups and external stakeholder workshops.
This is a great opportunity for a Landscape Architect, Urban Designer or Planner who wants to transition into placemaking. There will be a mix of working from home and office based work.
- Tertiary qualification in landscape architecture, urban design or urban planning.
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing, visual presentation and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience in community consultation processes.
- Good project management skills including managing project tasks, resources & timeframes.
- Entry into a placemaking role
- Work in a busy council with a variety of projects to get exposure to.
- Flexible working hours.
- Attractive hourly rate.
Alternatively, please e-mail your current resume in Word format using the link below.