Senior Rail Signalling Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Rail Signalling Project Engineer|
|Industry:||Rail and Manufacturing|
|Contact Name:||Chris McCutcheon|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2021|
Due to continual growth, they are looking to add an experienced Senior Project Engineer who has worked within the signalling space to their well-established team. This is a great opportunity to work on the most exciting rail projects happening across Victoria!
Support the Project Manager by undertaking specific elements of work packages to support rail projects.
- Prepare work pack documentation for specific activities/works
- Manages the development and submission of scoping documents and proposals assigned to the Project.
- Identify work practices, methods and activities that can be altered or improved
- Assist in the detailed planning for specific project activities, as assigned by the Project Manager
- Manage individual packages of work on the project, as assigned by the Project Manager, through the complete project life cycle
- Assist the Project Manager in the administration and control of contract Instructions
- Manage the receipt of design information and drawings, including ensuring that a current drawing register is maintained and that the documentation is issued to all the relevant parties
- Manage the handover process at project completion ensuring that all the key stakeholders are involved and that project documentation is completed in accordance with procedures
- Undertake assigned work duties to ensure their completion on time, within budget, with all project risks mitigated and effect on train operations whilst ensuring that construction standards are maintained and conform to safety, reliability and quality
- Work with multi-discipline teams, coordinating inputs and reaching a decision for the benefit of the project
- Overall technical coordination of the complete signalling system and all signalling system interfaces when acting as a work package lead
- Ensure successful delivery of the Signalling Design including its interfaces and integration with other subsystems when acting as a project lead in installation, testing and commissioning, and other related activities as necessary to deliver dependent projects and meet their goals with high standards
- Nurturing and coaching of more junior staff where necessary
- Technical project management - acts internally as an integrating and coordinating technical function.
- Verifies and validates the concepts and specifications versus the requirements and standards.
- May take over disposition functions or responsibility for costs, time and quality (in cooperation or as substitute for the respective positions)
Qualifications Skills and Experience:
- Engineering Degree or Similar Qualification
- Experience on a variety of Signalling Projects
- Sound engineering principles of planning, report preparation and scheduling
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a role as a Project Engineer
- Be a skilled and confident speaker, have strong facilitation and influencing skills, and able to lead a team
- Sound experience in working within the railway environment, with exposure to one or all the following disciplines (Rail Systems, Track and Civil, Electrical)
- Working knowledge of estimating and direct costing to user briefs, technical requirements and safety
- Ability to estimate and implement direct costing to user briefs, technical requirements and safety
- Ability to follow occupational health, safety and environmental procedures in the rail industry
- Ability to interpret customer specifications and requirements
- Ability to interpret the common conditions of contractual terms, documentation, and tendering bid process
- Ability to manage department budgets and financial plans
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence opinions
- Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to
For any questions relating to this role or other opportunities with D&B and our clients please contact Chris McCutcheon on + 61 412 747 198 / firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.
Follow us on
Job has Expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's