Structural Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Structural Design Engineer|
|Job Published:||October 13, 2020 11:46|
We are seeking an experienced structural engineer who has had strong exposure to the design & utilisation of concrete, prefabricated concrete structures, steel reinforcing and prestressed materials. You will have demonstrated experience working on structural projects within Melbourne and a strong understanding of local standards and codes. Ideally you will also have experience within temporary works and precast shop detailing.
Reporting to the Design Manager you are comfortable working in a team environment with multiple stakeholders, including other disciplines of engineers, builders, architects and surveyors. You also have proven ability to manage and deliver structural projects on time and too budget line with client requirements.
Day to day activities will include
- Coordination, management, and delivery of structural projects
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders to provide engineering solutions including builders, architects, council and other disciplines
- Be involved in developing quality assurance engineering strategies in order to ensure safe and reliable operations and meet regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of construction methods, temporary works and their impact on design
- Monitor project costs and report progress to the management team
The successful candidates will have:
- Relevant Degree level accredited qualifications in structural engineering
- Extensive experience in leading and delivery of relevant structural projects (preferably concrete prefabrication)
- Demonstrated influencing, motivating and delegation skills
- Strong technical capability & understanding to ensure quality service delivery
- Preferably you will be recognised as or ability to achieve Chartered Engineer status
Design & Build specializes in recruitment for the Construction, Engineering & Property industries on a national basis. Design & Build prides itself on only hiring recruitment specialists, finding the right people for the right jobs, and doing the right thing by both job seekers and employers alike.
For any questions relating to this role please contact Kelly Power on 0385353100 / 0412 747 198 / firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's