Technical Lead - Rail
|Job Title:||Technical Lead - Rail|
|Industry:||Rail and Manufacturing|
|Contact Name:||Sophie Potts|
|Job Published:||November 17, 2021|
You will join a mid-tier international engineering consultancy who are expanding their rail team in line with project wins. This is a great opportunity to join an established team who have plans to further grow over the next 12 months. You will be in a position to drive project performance and mentor junior engineers. With a strong pipeline of forward work you will be able to join in the knowledge that you will be working on interesting projects from day one.
You will lead on technical design and oversee delivery on medium to large scale projects with clients including ARTC, Pacific National and QLD Rail.
This consultancy is all about maintaining the right culture and developing their employees, they have low staff turnover and a great reputation with clients and the wider engineering sector.
- Leading track designs and integrate the track elements into multi-disciplinary rail projects
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on track related technical advice directly to clients.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of junior engineers, and contribute to the general development and running of the rail team.
- Manage and contribute to the delivery of track design drawings and reports throughout the engineering process.
- Undertake checking, verification and independent review roles on track designs by others
- Take accountability for the Safety in Design of track deliverables
- Contribute to project sustainability outcomes by providing support and knowledge related to the design of track alignments and selection or specification of track components.
You will have a strong background in Permanent way design and the drive and motivation to ensure project deliverables are met. If you are looking for a position where you will be in a strong position to further your career with a growing team this is a great opportunity to join at an exciting time.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- RPEQ or able to obtain
- Be able to demonstrate rail design experience
- Ability to undertake project and technical analyses, and report on results
- Experience in the effective technical supervision and development of less-experienced team members
- Relevant experience in the consulting engineering environment, including proven ability to liaise with and advise clients on safe, cost-effective, and sustainable engineering solutions
- Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines related to track design and including OH&S requirements for design.
Follow us on
Get similar jobs like these by email
Sign in or register here to receive emails about new jobs like these
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Lead Signalling Engineer
Principal Systems Assurance Engineer
Principal Consultant - Systems Assurance
Rail Operations Manager - Victoria
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Officer
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Manager
E&I Project Engineer