Verification & Validation Engineer
|Job Title:||Verification & Validation Engineer|
|Industry:||Rail and Manufacturing|
|Contact Name:||Sophie Potts|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2021|
My client is a global leader in providing innovative transport and infrastructure solutions. From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, they provide a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, they offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a V&V Engineers to join the Mobility team. Based in our Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an area of the business that has immense market potential.
A key aspect in the delivery and operation of any rail system is Verification and Validation of products and processes as part of the V&V Team within the RAMS and Assurance Department .
The V&V Engineers are very experienced in systems engineering, systems analysis, requirements analysis, system design, definition and implementation of system solutions for complex Rail Systems projects including ETCS/CBTC. They provide analyses and reports on regulatory matters concerning procedures and product regulatory aspects.
- V&V planning involves the review and analysis of system and product requirements and the establishment of a plan for verification and validation of products and product artefacts.
- To ensure smooth running of the departments’ verification and validation processes, the activities include but are not limited to -
- Requirement review.
- Creation of work break-down structures (accurately estimated and regularly updated).
- Development of strategies for verification & validation. Validation specification, Validation execution.Validation reporting.
- Defect investigation
- Project reporting and support for planning and controlling
- Unix-based control or communications systems experience
- Testing of systems with embedded software
- Electrical/Mechanical Testing
- Rail industry and CENELEC standards
- Safety-Critical Systems
- A degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline
- 2+ years experience in systems, software or hardware development and/or testing within formal development lifecycles
- Strong analytical skills and a commitment to quality
- Conversant with CM processes, IR/ CR lifecycles.
- Strong analytical skills and commitment to quality.
- Competent written and oral communication.
- Proven ability of working to deadlines and under pressure.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and undertake process improvement initiatives
Thanks for your consideration.
Follow us on
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's